Nagarkot Day Hiking Tour
Kathmandu is the main kingdom of Nepal and Nagarkot is the famous destination of the valley for the Sunrise,Sunset and the magnificent view of the Langtang range which is 32 km from the kingdom.In the morning after having breakfast we drive by car through the Arniko Highway to ChanguNaraya (The Ancient Hindu Bishnu Temple). The car goes through the ancient Bhaktapur city .We can spend an hour there by seeing the ancient Chhangu Narayan temple and the typical Newari village. After that the hike goes up to Telkot through the villages with the fine views of Kathmandu valley. From Telkot we can see the Sankhu / Salinadi side. It has its own importance in Hinduism .Again hike continues go up to Nagarkot passing the several village.Nagarkot is situated on the top of the hill where many lodges are available. From here you can see the beautiful scenery of the valley and White Mountain view of Langtang range. This hiking can be done as follows.
Nagarkot Day Hiking Tour Highlight
- Hike through the beautiful area of Nagarkot/ Chhangu and it’s Surrounding.
- Nagarkot (2,175 m) for Sunrise and Sunset Views.
- It’s a hill close to Kathmandu from where you can observe Mt. Everest.
- Different green Vegetation basically Pine.
- Gorgeous view of the mountain ranges from Nepal such as; Everest, Langtang and Annapurna ranges.
- Exploration of the mid hills Tamang and other native groups.
Nagarkot Day Hiking Tour Difficulty
Since the Hike route goes through the mid hills and with beautiful terraces and forests, it’s really an easy trail. You can do this tour in any Seasons So, it’s really an easy and interesting route
Day Day01Drive to Changunarayan Temple and trek to Nagarkot
The trip begins with a short drive to Changunarayan. This is the oldest pagoda structure temple from Nepal built in the Lichhavi dynasty by King Manadev. We walk in and around the temple and hike to Nagarkot (2175 m) which is the best place for sunset and lovely view of panoramic views of Langtang and Everest and drive back to Kathmandu 40 km
Not satisfied with this itinerary?
Are you interested in planning a customized trip that suits you?
|Start Date||End Date||Availability|
|30 Jul, 2024||30 Sep, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|1 Aug, 2024||1 Aug, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|6 Aug, 2024||6 Aug, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|16 Aug, 2024||16 Aug, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|23 Aug, 2024||23 Aug, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|29 Aug, 2024||29 Aug, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|1 Sep, 2024||1 Sep, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|10 Sep, 2024||10 Sep, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
|17 Sep, 2024||17 Sep, 2024||OPEN||Enquire|
- All ground transportation
- Tour guide
- Entry fee for popular sites
1. What's the main attraction of Nagarkot Hike?
It’s really very typical Hike goes through the beautiful typical villages. It’s an opportunity to observe the fantastic Sunrise and Sunset Views and you can explore an ancient Vishnu Pagoda from Chhangunarayan.
2. What is the altitude of this Hike Nagarko?
Nagarkot, the highest Point of this route and it’s situated in 2,175m.
3. How far is it from the Capital?
It’s 32 km away from the main City.
4. What are the main ethnic groups of this route?
Tamang is the main inhabitants of this mid hills and you can also find other different communities in it’s surrounding
5. What are the main religious groups Nagarkot
Hindus and Buddhists are the main religious groups of this area.
6. What sort of Vegetation are there?
There are different sort of green Vegetation but basically, the Pine trees.
7. Do we See some temples and other Cultural monuments?
Here, you explore the oldest Vishnu temple and other different temple of different Hindu deities and many other mini Buddhist Stupas.
8. What sort of gears do we need to bring?
The Hike route goes through the middle hills so, you just need normal gears such as; Sunglass, Sunscream,trouser, T- shirt, hat, normal running Shoes etc.
9. How long does it take the Hike?
The entire walk it takes around 5 hrs. approx.