Ghorepani Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Highlight
- Trek to the untouched and beautiful area of the Annapurna region.
- Poon Hill (3210 m) for Sunrise and Sunset Views
- Different Vegetation basically different Colorful rhododendron
- Gorgeous view of the mountain ranges such as Mt. Fishtail, Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Annapurna I (8091m),Nigiri etc
- Exploration of the Himalayan Gurung Community.
- Jhinu Danda is place where you get natural hot water dipping
Ghorepani Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Difficulty
The difficulty increases if you trek during the monsoon season. During the monsoon there are heavy rainfalls which makes the trail muddy and Slippery and you also encounter the leech. You need to be Careful with your Steps. If you trek there in January, it’s covered with Snow So, it may difficult to find the trail sometime.Therefore, it is best to avoid trek there in the Monsoon and in Winter. if you are a beginner. If you are an well experienced trekker, then you are sure to enjoy in any seasons.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and prepare for the trek
Day 03: Fly to Pokhara and drive to Nayapul trek to Tikhedhunga
Day 01 Airport – Hotel in Kathmandu; Overnight at Hotel
Once you arrive there at the airport you’ll be Picked up and transfer to the Hotel.You get refresh and explore around your Hotel.
Day 02 Kathmandu; Overnight at Hotel
After having breakfast, you will begin your Sightseeing Tour to the different Cultural Heritage Sites from Kathmandu Valley Such as Bhaktapur, Popularly known as “City of Devotees”, Pashupatinath ” the most visited Hindu Pilgrimage from Nepal” and Bauddhanath “the largest Stupa” and finally, you will drive back to the Hotel and stay Overnight.
Day 03 Kathmandu – Pokhara- Tikhedhunga (approx. 3 hrs)
Once you finish your breakfast, you will drive to the airport to catch your flight to Pokhara and drive to Nayapul (approx. 1hour) and from where you begin your trek to Tikhedhunga and overnight in a Tea house.
Day 04Tikhedhunga – Ghorepani (approx. 7 hrs)
After having hot breakfast you climb to Ulleri and from where you Pass through the beautiful rhododendron forest and you reach Nangethanti Village, where you have your Lunch and continue to reach your destination Ghorepani and stay overnight with the Panorama of Annapurna Himalayas.
Day 05 Ghorepani – Tadapani (approx. 6 hrs)
Wake up early and climb up to Poon Hill (3210 m) to See the beautiful Sunrise over the Himalayas and walk down to your Lodge. Once you finish your breakfast you head up to your next destination Tadapani. The trail leads You through the beautiful rhododendron forest and you Pass the beautiful tiny Villages Deurali and Banthanti.Finally, you arrive there and stay overnight in a Tea house with an excellent views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machapuchhre etc.
Day 06Tadapani – Chhomrong (approx. 5 hrs)
Once you finish your usual breakfast with the fine views of beautiful mountains you walk all the way down to the little river, you just cross a Suspension bridge continue trek to your destination
Chhomrong and stay overnight in a Tea House with an excellent Views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli etc..
Day 07 Chhomrong – Bamboo (approx. 5 hrs)
After having breakfast you descend and cross the bridge above Chhomrong Khola and climb to Sinuwa then the trail leads through dense forest and finally, arrives your destination Bamboo and stay overnight in a Tea house.
Day 08 Bamboo – Deurali (approx. 4 hrs)
The Trail Passes through the Bamboo forest which is damp and cold then ascends Steadily with a few Steep Sections and gets to Himalya Hotel. It is a Steep climb up through a much drier forest before reaching Hinku Cave. From where you descend and finally, arrive at Deurali and overnight in a Tea house.
Day 09Deurali – Annapurna Base Camp via Machhapuchhre Base Camp ( approx. 4 hrs)
Once you complete your breakfast, you Climb gently, Cross the river and continue your journey through Yak Pasture arrive at Machapuchhre Base Camp, where you have your Lunch and Slowly climb up to ABC with an excellent views of the majestic Machapuchhre, Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna etc. which makes your trek more enjoyable and finally, you reach your destination and stay overnight in a Tea house.
Day 10Annapurna Base Camp – Bamboo (approx. 5 hrs)
After having breakfast, You descend same way to Bamboo and stay overnight in a Tea house.
Day 11 Bamboo – Jhinu Danda (approx. 5 hrs)
After having breakfast, you climb to Kuldighar and continue trek to Chhomrong and you descend to Jhinu Danda. Where you go to Natural hot Spring to take hot bath which heals your Pains and different Skin diseases.
Day 12Jhinu Danda – Pothana ( approx. 6 hrs)
After breakfast, you trek down and Cross the river and continue to Landruk, now the trail is easier and goes through Tolka, Deurali and finally arrives at Pothana and stay in a Tea house
Day 13Pothana – Pokhara (approx. 3 hrs)
Once you finish your breakfast, you trek to Dhampus. From where, you again descend to Phedi and Catch a Car and drive back (approx. ½ hour) to Pokhara and Overnight at Hotel.
Day 14Pokhara – Kathmandu (approx. 7 hrs)
Afetr having breakfast, you will catch your bus to Kathmandu and once you arrive there you’ll check in to the Hotel and in the evening you’ll enjoy the farewell Dinner.
Day 15Drop to Airport
Finally, You’ll be Picked up from your Hotel and transfer to the airport for your final departure.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?
Are you interested in planning a customized trip that suits you?
- Arrival and departure transportation
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Kathmandu to Pokhara flight tickets
- All necessary paper work and permits (Annapurna Conservation permit and TIMS )
- Trekking poles with company T-shirt
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and local porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide and porter salaries, insurance, equipment, transport, food and accommodations
- Pokhara to Phedi by private transport
- Nayapul to Pokhara by private transport
- Foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea or coffee during the trek
- All accommodation during the trek
- 2 Nigh Hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Kathmandu city tour guide and entrance fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Mineral Water
- Boiled Water
- Electronic device re- charge
- Hot shower
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance and evacuations insurance
- Tips for guide and porters
Required equipments and useful tips for your Trekking/ Hiking Tours:
The Hiking /Trekking generally goes through the high Himalayan passes, it may covers with full of snow so, we advise you to accompany a porter to carry your necessary stuffs. The porter usually carries 18 kgs of your luggage.We also expect you to carry a regular backpack for your valuables and required goods.
We as a travel operator suggest you to bring the basic clothing and accessories to the trek and the remaining you can just leave/store at Himalayan Abode Trekking or at your Hotel in Kathmandu/Pokhara for free. Here are the basic list of usual equipments regarding your Trekking/ Hiking duration.
- Winter hat/ Insulating hat/ Wide-brimmed hat
- Headlight with an extra supplement batteries
- Sunglass with UV protection
- Face/body wipes
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight winter gloves
- Sun hat or Scarf
- Lightweight cotton pants
- T-Shirt ( Lightweight wool)
- Polypropylene underwear
- Down jacket (available on hire in Kathmandu/ Pokhara)
- Hiking Boots
- Thick wool socks (bring an extra pair of thick light socks)
- Hiking Shirts/Long-Sleeved Shirt
- Rain Jacket or Rain Coat
- Fleece Jacket
- Water sterilization tablets or liquids
- Trekking/Hiking pole
- Sleeping bag (-15 is recommended in high altitude trekking)
- Deodorant floss
Nepal is a wonderful country to explore. With the professional assistance to organize our trip by Nabin and his team, it made our stay in Nepal even better! I highly recommand anyone to cotact Nabin and his team for travelling advice and trip arrangement to Nepal!
Name: Bob Chau
Country: United States
Email: email@example.comBob Chau USA
May 2010 We enjoyed our trekking in the Annapurna region, and our guide was excellent, the tour was very well planned and despite political problems at the time we always felt safe. We trekked at our own pace and were never rushed. The trails are beautiful especially the part through the rhododendron forest. We would recommend Himalayan Abode Travel to anyone wishing to take this tour.
Fred and Mary Pawelek Vancouver, CanadaFred and Mary Pawelek canada